Umphreys McGee Live at City Hall on 2007-11-16
- Umphreys McGee
Source: DPA 4023(ORTF)->Lunatec V2->Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects->Sound Devices 722 (24/96)
Transfer: 722->HDD->Wavelab 5.0 (resample/dither)->CD Wave->Flac 16
Taped and Transfered by: Chris Hall
Set 1/Disc 1
2. Wife Soup
4. Partyin' Peeps
5. The Pequod->
6. Hurt Bird Bath
7. Example 1->
8. Alex's House
Set 2/Disc 2
2. Out of Order->
3. The Fussy Dutchman
4. The Haunt->
6. 40's Theme*
Set 2/Disc 3
1. The Fuzz**
2. Night Moves@
3. Encore Break
4. Miss Tinkle's Overture
* Push The Pig Jam
** Tequila Jam
@ Brendan on acoustic
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Out of Order->|
|The Fussy Dutchman|
|Hurt Bird Bath|
|Miss Tinkle's Overture|
- 2007-11-21 15:37:34
- 722->HDD->Wavelab 5.0 (resample/dither)->CD Wave->Flac 16
- Nashville, TN
- Taped by
- Chris Hall
- Transferred by
- Chris Hall
- City Hall
Subject: Great Quality
Check out the NFL football theme jam towards the end of Atmosfarag!! Took me a few listens to finally figure out what they were teasing!
Subject: jammin. hard.
Subject: Another Great 11.16 Show
A few notes I posted on teh br0t:
Another phenomenal 11.16 show; good day to have an anniversary.
- soup clocked in at over 19 minutes; completely ridiculous funk jam coming out of the song before leading back into it with brendan's vox.
- #5 was a big surprise but is always truly welcome
- pequod was out of left field and I felt like it was unfinished at the show; I think I'm wrong about that though
- they actually did the Bath intro; also had a great first jam. a kind of churning jam which really stuck with the theme of most of the improv all night, which was untzed out funk. luckily, that's the shit I love and there was plenty of it throughout the show.
- ex. 1 had a real nice -> Alex's which I was surprised to see in the closing position.
- second set is considerably more vague to me due to the copious amounts of the venue's house dark beer.
- fussy had a thunderstruck tease.
- rock haunt had another great dance/funk jam.
- possibly the best 40s Theme I have ever seen. probably should be listed as 40s > Push the Pig (ending only) -> Theme as they just played the end of Pig and then Pony took a serious funk solo and lead them back into 40s. sick.
- the Tequila jam was silly in a good way and had kris yelling Pee Wee Herman quotes as well. hilarious.
- Night Moves isn't my favorite but what the fuck.
- Tinkles had the Padge style intro and of course got dancy.
- the jam in Wife Soup, the Haunt, 40s, and the Fuzz are must hear versions. pick this show up quick kids.
Great night overall. Show would get a solid 4 or 4.5 stars and although the room was very noisy (loud drunks... I'm not innocent) the recording is surprisingly good. Five stars for Chris being such a nice guy though.
Subject: Face melting jams
Subject: school of hard rock
Uploaded by orechall on